Pier 4 / Bayfront Park was a perfect place for an engagement photo session. Tara & Kyle were a awesome couple, ready and excited for the day. The weather on the other hand, was not as happy as we were. Despite the chilly temperature by the waterfront, we manage to still have a fun time capturing the love of two amazing love birds. We started off by taking some photos by the beautiful Gartshore Thomson Building. I am so in love with the architecture of this building, I could have taken so many more photos there. Next, we went for a walk down the pier towards the waterfront. It is true when they say, the temperature is always colder by the water. Regardless of the chill, I am a sucker for waterfront images, so I made sure that I captured so fun moments. As you can see by the images below, we didn’t let the weather determine our day and we had a great time. I hope you enjoy the images as much as I do!
A Little More About Tara & Kyle
We met in 1999 when we were in high school and employed at the same place. We lost touch and re-connected in 2015 through Facebook. We have been together since May 31, 2015.
We went to dinner, then we went to the waterfront (pier) and beach in Barrie. We watched the stars and talked for hours.
Yes, I believe it was love at first sight. We both had a crush on each other years ago but never got together. As soon as we saw each other for the first time after 16 years we both knew we wanted to be together.
We got engaged on December 13, 2016 while on vacation in St. Maarten. We climbed the tallest mountain on the island and when we got to the top he got down on one knee and proposed. We almost didn’t make it to the top because the climb ended up being much more difficult than we expected. I wanted to see the monkeys that were supposed to be at the top, so I fought through pain and tears and we finally made it. I never saw the monkeys but it was totally worth it!
1. Take hikes to waterfalls or basically anything outdoors, especially the waterfront.
2. Go to concerts.
3. Watch movies, especially horror ones.
4. Attend family gatherings.
5. We enjoy going to carnivals and haunted houses.
6. Cuddling on the couch.
7. Spending time with our dogs and cats.
8. Go for long drives on nice days.
I feel our entire relationship is romantic. We re-connected after 16 years apart. We never formed a relationship in the past because I was in a relationship but we both had a crush on each other. Kyle told me he had one but I never had a chance to tell him. He ended up getting a new job and we lost touch. I decided to look him up on Facebook after I came across a picture of him. It turned out we had both gotten out of a relationship about 6 months prior and were just ready to start dating again. It seemed like it was meant to be. We went on our first date after corresponding for a couple weeks. After the first date we knew we were supposed to be together.
1. We naturally work together, we always seem to finish each other’s sentences.
2. She laughs at my jokes.
3. She is very non judgemental.
4. Tara loves me for who I am.
1. Kyle always knows how to make me smile and is there when I need him.
2. He loves me for who I am.
3. I love the look on his face when he is excited about something, he is a very passionate person.
4. He is understanding and considerate.
5. Kyle has some of the old fashioned beliefs I was raised with including; opening the car door which he does every time. He even asked my parents for their blessing before proposing, which I loved.